7.05.2005
What Happens When a New EQP is Called...
I finally remembered what I was going to share while I "talked" with Jon this morning. Superman moved into my ward this term and has since caused several rather embarrassing moments. Oh well. Nothing I can do about it now! Anyway, the real story is that the EQP handed out the home teaching assignments last week thinking he had everything under control. Wrong! Robert (FHE brother) came by Friday afternoon to tell me that he was my home teacher and asked if I knew where Superman was. And then he said the funniest thing ever: "He's my companion." My only reaction: "Weird." Poor Robert! I'm not sure he really understood that I didn't mean "weird" that he was my home teacher, just that Superman is as well. A similar conversation occurred when Robert located Superman and informed him of their home teaching duties. Superman's reaction: "Weird. This could be strange." Again, poor Robert! I'm sure that he is now fully aware of the little problem. My conversation with Superman over what ought to be done was equally amusing. According to Superman, our dating situation is a "pre-existing condition" and ought to give the EQP enough reason to change their home teaching assignment. Apparently dating me is a disease...pre-existing condition, my eye. Well, I suppose it is. There's just got to be a better way to say it! Other strange results of this ward and new callings...I am the FHE grandmother, also mother of a group...thus I have two "husbands": one is also my son and the other is the grandfather and father of the other group. So complicated! My children are then also my grandchildren...this includes Superman. If he were in the other group he would be my grandson, but not my son...or maybe he would be my nephew...now I see why many wards refrain from calling FHE group leaders "parents"!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment