7.15.2005

My Most Embarrassing Moment?

I’m not really sure if I have a most embarrassing moment. I can think of plenty to say about the strange things I’ve done or said, but they just don’t seem to warrant the term “most embarrassing”. Perhaps the grade I received in Botany or the time my pants ripped on stage while performing the Sailor’s Hornpipe deserves such a title. I’m sure I’ve been more embarrassed because of things I’ve said or talked about. The sophomore year quote board may shed some light on that. Embarrassing conversations and comments seemed to be my lot in life at that point…probably a result of extreme stress and lack of sleep. Emotional chaos tends to create situations in which embarrassment is inevitable. Perhaps embarrassment is measured by the responses of others…how long it gets talked about, whether or not it is officially recorded on a wall or in someone’s journal, a photograph published on the internet or sent to a missionary friend, the blessing of a new nickname, etc. Now that I think about it, I can’t remember who asked me about my most embarrassing moment. Hmm…guess they’ll just have to read this to get an answer!

1. This has been removed to protect the innocent! Sorry! It's pretty bad...

2. The time I told Superman’s older brother what I thought about his photocopied self: Never tell your best friend/boyfriend’s (who at the time was on a mission) older brother that he looks better in real life than in a photocopy of himself. I’m sure I deserved the look I got!

3.Dance performances can be humiliating: When I was 9 years old I often performed the Sailor’s Hornpipe solo for our Scottish Dance troupe’s gigs. I will never forget the sound of my pants ripping that somehow managed to overpower the bagpipes. Still embarrassed just thinking about it! During the first performance of BYU’s lu’au this last March, my lavalava managed to fall almost to my ankles. Not as bad as the pants ripping, but still awful.

4.Conversations: If you really want to know what strange and probably socially unacceptable conversations I’ve had, ask Thirdmango or Superman. They would definitely know best!

No comments: