7.20.2005

Not Much...

The weekend was pretty good. A little hot, but good. Saturday we had the triple birthday party for Sarah K, Brittany, and I. Superman and I made a castle cake. Whoa. Way too much sugar!!! The canons were the best. We made them out of candles and peppermint patties for wheels. Had a great chat with Thirdmango and Ryan. It was nice to see everyone again...even though we all got together the weekend before. It just doesn't happen much. Which means we need to do it more often! Sunday was my 23rd birthday. Wow. I'm officially getting too old to still be at BYU as an undergrad. Bof. C'est ma vie! Superman made dinner and let me take a nap Sunday afternoon. It was heavenly. :) Monday morning came a little too soon. But, it was a great mail day! I heard from our red-headed friend in Montana and my old roommate in Italy. Mmm...Italian birthday chocolate. I had two midterms Monday morning, but it didn't ruin the day completely. FHE was a little silly. The ward went up to Lindon to have a "Watermelon Challenge". We ended up rolling the melons down the hill rather than actually playing watermelon football...guess we'll save that for next weekend. Superman, David, Katie, Shanna, and I carved a couple watermelons. Well, Superman and I carved...they ate the "guts". Katie ended up with one of the carvings on her head/face. I'll have to remember to post that photo. Yesterday was long, but not without joy. I managed an "A" on my language development exam. Had another chat with Thirdmango...thanks for the visit! And I passed cleaning checks. Sigh. It's the little things that make life pleasant. Today I will take a great and refreshing nap, read Harry Potter, swim/splash in the overcrowded pool, and generally waste the day. :) Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

Thirdmango said...

Hey if you don't have any one else waiting in line for your copy of Harry Potter 6, when you're done with it can I snag it from you?

Sara said...

I'll finish it before the week is over and then Steve will read it. Not sure how much time he'll have this next week to read for fun. However, you are more than welcome to have it after him. Unless you manage to find another copy before he finishes. :)