7.21.2005

Hotel Rwanda

I took my afternoon nap a little early today...and naturally had weird dreams. I seem to have weird dreams whenever I nap. Does that happen to anyone else? Anyway, I dreamt that Superman and I were driving this big van/truck thing down a deserted road in Rwanda and failed to stop at a checkpoint because we weren't paying attention. We were stopped at the next checkpoint by the army (not sure which) and asked to get out for an orientation meeting and a vehicle check. At the orientation meeting we met with several Belgians and one of them was wearing green stripes like Steve (is that his name?) on Blue's Clues. He looked very Swedish, but spoke excellent French. In my dream I knew him through mutual friends online. It was sort of disconcerting to meet up with someone I know in a dream...even though I dont' actually know him! We were then loaded onto buses headed to different cities and villages. I have no idea what we were doing in Rwanda, especially now. The only thing I can think of is that last night Superman and I made a list of places in the world we need to visit before we die. We talked about Africa and decided that we wanted to visit Morocco, Egypt, and possibly Botswana. Rwanda was not mentioned...but I have seen Hotel Rwanda a few times in the last 5 months. And I almost always dream in French when it's applicable. That's pretty much where the dream ended. I suppose we'll have to consider Rwanda for the list...despite the obvious dangers. Quick note: Hotel Rwanda is an excellent movie. However, if you don't feel like watching a depressing and dramatically accurate story on film...watch something else!

1 comment:

Thirdmango said...

You know I haven't seen Hotel Rwanda yet.