9.29.2007

Nearly Perfect Saturday


This morning we all slept in until 8am. (Nevermind the fact that Christopher woke up at 3am for a snack and Tylenol.) We took a walk to the church to get it cleaned up for Sunday. However, the other ward had a HUGE scout activity...so it didn't get cleaned. Steve and Christopher shopped at Kroger while I got some exercise. We then enjoyed a little browsing at the library...we've enjoyed checking out kids' movies lately. (Most days we'd rather watch something simple and silly rather than a car chase/crime drama.) We had breakfast for lunch. (eggs, Morning Star sausages) After lunch we took the car to get an oil change and new windshield wipers. And then we headed to the mall for today's highlight: the Borders tent sale! Managed to get some seriously good deals on Shakespeare, Laura Ingalls Wilder, an illustrated French cookbook, Jane Austen, and Peter Pan. Christopher was the most patient angel. I cannot believe how well he put up with our book browsing! While at the mall we took some more photobooth photos...this time with Christopher. Hilarious! I think he was just a tad confused as we closed the curtains. (Mom, we also stopped at Williams-Sonoma and got that octopus cake pan for Christopher's birthday.) Steve is now at the church hoping he only has to clean the glass doors...cross your fingers that the scouts picked up after themselves! Tonight I'm making Pad Thai for dinner and hoping to get some time to scrap...too many deadlines and too little naptime!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, I love Pad Thai. Invite us over sometime! :)

Lindsay said...

Sounds like a lovely, lovely day. Especially that book browsing part. :)