9.11.2007

6 Years Later

This morning in thinking about 9/11/2001, I realized just how much my own life has changed since then. Six years ago I had known Steve for all of 3 weeks. I wasn't married. I wasn't a mother. I had just started my Freshman year at BYU and had only been living in Provo for 3 weeks. I was not as conscious of others as I am now. Maybe it's a little selfish to think about 9/11 as more of a time marker than a national tragedy, but it's difficult to spend my mental energy thinking of all the pain and sadness that has been caused by the events surrounding 9/11. I am sorry for those that lost family members and friends that day. I am sorry for those that live each day emotionally and physically wounded because of the war. Today I am praying for my friend Lisa and her husband Matt. Matt is in Iraq right now. For the second time. I pray that their little family is strong and safe and that each one is blessed for their sacrifices.

No comments: