9.21.2007

Birthday Package from France

Got a package from Aurore today. Our birthdays are about two weeks apart (in July)...so most years we swap gifts. This year she sent me a special baking pan for canneles (can't get accents to work today...), a CD for Christopher of some traditional French children's songs, and a CD she made for me with some French pop. Aside from the fact that we're now both 25 years old, opening the package was a bit like being 16 again. The summer we turned 16 she came to stay with us for a couple weeks. Wow, that was a long time ago! We used to make tapes for each other...cheesy...and so much fun! I still have the ones she made for me...complete with her recorded comments on each track. I guess I'm feeling a bit sentimental today. Maybe I should go ahead and dig out the photos? And maybe I'll be baking.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I bet those songs are great! Revel in the nostalgia...it does wonders for the present. And speaking of that, we sure do miss you guys!

Sara said...

We miss you, too!!!