7.03.2007

How Ironic

Last week a couple member of the EQP came over to "get to know" us. They seem like great people and have expressed an interest in geocaching...at least trying it out. So, Sunday I invited one of the families to cache with us this weekend. And then we got to thinking about the last time we'd used the GPS. Hmm...the Grand Canyon in May? Have we even seen it in this apartment? Nope! We've gone through all the bags/boxes we brought out in our car...and still can't find it. So, either it fell out in some random parking lot (probable, but not terribly likely), it was stolen out of our car (after the National Parks trip and before Ann Arbor), we left it in Provo, or it's in Kent. So far, our best guess is that it's hiding from us in our basement/closet or it's in Kent and John or Michael have seen it (but they're at Philmont). HOW does a GPS get lost?!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sad! I hope you find it soon!

michelle said...

well, i hope you find it! if that is not irony...

Unknown said...

That cracks me up, in a sad way! It could be almost ANYWHERE!

If you did lose it, we'll keep an eye out for a sale for you.

Oh, and funny story about the GPS: Anna called me up the other day telling me she couldn't get the GPS unit to work. Since we all have the same brand, she knew I knew how to use it. She said it kept turning off after 30 second. I said, "Well, are you hitting 'enter' at the opening screen like it tells you to?" I hear silence on the other end for a moment, and then Anna says "Oh! Great! Bye!" and hangs up. :-)

Lindsay said...

I hope you find your GPS soon...or maybe I should instead be hoping that your GPS soon finds you. Either way, good luck. :)