7.16.2007

Funny Sort of Day

*Photo: what Christopher does when he loses a sock.

Today is Monday. Not necessarily a great day...but not the usual Monday either. I didn't sleep too well last night...I actually haven't been able to sleep well in about 3 weeks. Still can't figure that out...but I'm surviving. Steve left a little later today than usual...that was such a blessing! He even did the dishes before he left and gave me time to have a shower. And Christopher is finally napping.

The weather is perfect...only 77 degrees! It's still really dry (for Michigan) and we haven't seen fireflies all week because there hasn't been any rain. Sad. They were so much fun to watch as they flitted around the yard and blinked at us. The baby bunny has left as well. However, there are still plenty of groundhogs.

Today I get to do laundry in my own basement...for the second time! I'm still thrilled about the washer and dryer. It's been a great blessing not to have to scrounge up enough quarters to do a couple loads in Northwood IV. And I can do laundry during naptime...instead of scheduling it around naptime. Fabulous!

This morning Christopher and I were invited to have lunch with a sister in our ward and her three kids. Should be fun! It's nice to live in family housing. No shortage of children or mothers!

Things I need to accomplish today: organize bathroom shelves, do laundry, clean up scrapping area (which has inconveniently consumed our kitchen table), get a video of Christopher "crawling", get some vegetables at Kroger, return books to the library and pick up books on hold, get some exercise in, plan FHE, vacuum, water the geraniums and tomato plant, take Christopher out to swing, get some serious reading done (Keys to the Kingdom: Mister Monday), take a nap!

*Note to self: DECLUTTER!!!!

Grandma, scroll down for the photos I posted while you were in the hospital!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry you are not sleeping well- I hate that!

It's good to have a list- i always think I'll get "to the bottom of it"... but then i just have a new list-but LOVE to cross things OFF!

OK KIffer- you are too funny!

michelle said...

i'm having sleeping issues to, but it's from stress.. hope you find your way back to dreamland.. and that picture is the cutest ever!

Unknown said...

Man, we can definitely empathize with the unpacking and organizing and decluttering. I forgot how much junk we had until we moved.

Sara said...

I'm certain we have more in this apartment than we did in Provo. So far we seem to have found things we didn't know we owned (even when packing) and have only lost the GPS. Still not sure where to put most of our things...despite the extra space!