7.23.2007

Monday

First trip out on the town with Christopher alone. After yesterday's drama, this was brave. Post office, CVS to pick up photos, library to pick up some more West Wing. Pretty easy. But he's back to screaming again. And I mean SCREAMING.

Yesterday we made it to church on time and through the first talk in sacrament meeting. He started fussing so I took him into the hall (at least one child per family had chosen the very same moment to errupt in howls or fits) to give the speaker some respect. Two minutes later he belched and smiled. Phew. He felt better. And then came the torrent. Of barely-digested formula. Ugh. All down my front. Again. For the third or fourth Sunday in a row. (He never does this during the week.) So, I went home and changed. (Our apartment is only 1 minute from church.) He screamed for the rest of the meeting and we ended up taking him home. He fell asleep as soon as we got in the car, naturally.

And, now, he's at it again. Yesterday it was the teething and his stomach. Today, I have no idea! He was so happy all morning and even took a nap. This afternoon he played just fine and ate normally. And there's nothing left to do other than let him scream until he falls asleep. Too bad Dad isn't here. Christopher definitely likes him better than he likes me when he's upset.

Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh man, good luck! We're dealing with our own fussy baby, only his problem is gas. No fun -- for either of us.

Unknown said...

I swear babies pick favorite sometimes. They have a sense of who is more mad at them at the moment.