11.17.2005

Honestly...

I can honestly say that by the time last night's performance rolled around, I didn't care! I can honestly say that we did our best and don't feel at all put out by the results of the contest.

I can honestly say that I am glad Madame Thompson is out of town and I don't have to read for her class. I can honestly say that I didn't read the 'Differences' chapter in Theory Toolbox for Dr. Olivier's class today. I can honestly say that I did not waste so much time that I did not have any left for my homework. I did indeed have some time to spare. I just found other things to be doing.

I can honestly say that I did not feel uncomfortable discussing Luce Irigaray's feminist theories in 451 this morning. I'm not sure what was supposed to be making so many people feel uncomfortable...unless you've never had a Psych class or Anatomy. It isn't pornographic to discuss the human body in context of a theory or biology...honestly, people!

I can honestly say that I intend to waste the rest of the day...relatively speaking. I intend to do a little research on cohabitation in Latin America and the United States (for Dr. Miller's project), go to the Provo Library (to turn things in), read something other than a textbook, study a little for that Adult Development exam, maybe clean the confetti off the floor (sort of threw all the props on the floor when I went to bed...and the confetti managed to escape onto the newly vacuumed carpet), etc. Should be a great afternoon.

The only reason I repeated the phrase "I can honestly say" is that I can't stand it used more than once in a conversation! Which naturally means I ought to get it out of my system.

2 comments:

JB said...

I can honestly say that I'm sad you haven't posted in a while. :(

Thirdmango said...

Yeah dearest, you finding being engaged making you too busy to update us on your life? Ha Ha. I'm sure you'll be back to the hoodnicks once you're of a different name.