Our group officially received word last night that we made it into French Idol. That's next Wednesday at 7pm in the Varsity Theater. We're going to shock and impress the entire French department...and you know it! Well, we'll be the most diverse group anyway...j/k. There are 3 Sara(h)s and Katie...with a special guitar performance from Rob. That's our group! Be prepared to hear some awesome singing, be amused by our skit/dramatic reading, and blown away by our dance performance...I'll give you a hint, Sarah K and I are in charge of the dance part...which means...Tahitian! Doesn't the shaking of our hips just totally impress you? I thought so.
4 comments:
Is "French Idol" the French version of the show "American Idol?" Is it a BYU thing where you perform in French or is it an actual reality-TV show? Is it going to be televised?
Thankfully it's only a French department activity that happens every Fall semester. And yes, it's based on the show "American Idol". This year it's "French Idol: Triple Threat". That means we have to have prepared a skit/reading and dance number along with a couple songs, rather than just the songs. It won't be televised...thank goodness!!!
French Idol!!!!!!! Oh man, I am so sad to be missing this! It brings back so many memories of our non-audition two years ago. Good luck!
I thought that might have been what it was, but I was never sure. Thanks for clarifying! And good luck! :)
Post a Comment