Last night my African Lit class went to Mme. Thompson's house for a soirée familiale et le mafé au boeuf. Sarah and Rob came over to help me cook that strange, yet delicious, dish. It's made of tomato sauce, peanut butter, eggplant, beef, onion, garlic, ground ginger. Sounds disgusting, I'm sure. But, once it's finished...wow! I must admit I wasn't expecting to enjoy the activity, but it was great. It was strange to be at Mme. Thompson's house. I felt like I should be reverent and take my shoes off or something. Their house is AMAZING. However, it was a pretty casual evening. We ate with our hands...so that should give you some idea as to how casual it was.
Diane announced that she is 7 weeks pregnant. If it's possible, OJ looked more excited about that than when they were engaged. I wonder if their children will learn French or English first...
1 comment:
My roommates kids will definatly learn French before English (if they even do learn english). His wife to be will only speak French in his presense and will leave to room if she needs to speak in english to someone on the phone, even though his first launguage is English, it's really Weird.
Post a Comment