I'm graduating in April and previously assumed that my last semester would be rather light and smooth. WRONG!!! I registered Monday morning and to my utter dismay my schedule will be worse than any other semester. Ugh. Plus, I'll be married and supposedly being a newlywed is very distracting. I also met with Dr. Miller this morning about his research project. I've now been asked to write a research paper and present on my topic at the MFHD/MFT conference this coming Spring.
So, now all I have to worry about is surviving this semester's workload, plan a wedding, attempt to actually be social with my roommates...and pick a topic for that paper. Unfortunately, I'd rather spend all my free time with Superman. Guess things are just destined to always be busy.
I'm so looking forward to being able to come home to only one person (that I care for immensely) rather than three other girls with emotional highs and lows. And FHE next semester will be WAY less of a waste of time. Don't get me wrong, I love my calling...I just get tired of checking up on every FHE group and making sure everyone in the ward feels included. That's a LOT of people to keep track of...although I suppose being a bishop or mission president would be worse. :)
It's not as though I don't know that life will always be "demanding", but I'd like to feel as though there was a possibility of taking a break. As I've learned in my Adult Development class, retirement is not a picnic...but at least you can pick and choose your activities!
Last night I didn't fall asleep until 3am and then got up around 7:30am. I don't feel in the least tired. I'm sure it will catch up to me. It was worth it though, I had a lot to think about and finally had some quiet time to myself to think and work things out.
I definitely need to get better about that whole journal writing thing. I haven't been consistent with the writing down of my true feelings, thoughts, and impressions. My little brother wrote his weekly e-mail and berated me for merely sending him facts and details. He seems to think I ought to have more to say about things...especially in the way of feelings.
I read SO much in the Book of Mormon earlier this week. I was on a roll...and now the lack of motivation to do anything has extended to my scripture study. I know that now more than I ever I need to spend time honestly studying the gospel. Plus, Superman and I are teaching Marriage and Family Relations on Sunday. Which means I need to spend some productive time with the scriptures to be prepared to share what I have learned about forgiveness as it relates to marital and family relationships.
No comments:
Post a Comment