10.19.2005

Foggy Thoughts

I've been living in a bit of a fog the last few days. I know for a fact that I attended all my classes and took notes, however I haven't any clue as to what we talked about or if I even paid attention. Although, I suppose I had to have paid enough attention to take somewhat understandable notes. I've had this rotten cold far too long...and the NyQuil/DayQuil is beginning to get to me. My home teacher came over last night to visit my roommate and had the most enlightening comment concerning Nyquil: It's like alcohol for Mormons...you get the "buzz", but not the hangover. Hmm...guess this is what being "under the influence" is all about. Not good for taking tests and being aware and prepared in Mme. Thompson's class.

I seem to have gotten by okay so far...only two more days left this week! And Friday there's only one class!!!! It's nice to have Portuguese over with for the semester. Although, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. But, not having class everyday at 8am is even better. It's the little things in life (extra sleep) that count the most. Not that big things count for very little...

I ought to be studying for that Psychology test...but it's not until tomorrow morning and I have no motivation to study at the moment. Although, I have all kinds of terms and concepts running through my head, so it's almost like I'm rehearsing the material, right? Yeah, I thought not.

I managed to organize my week and have just realized I left out that bridal shower. But, I don't feel like going anyway, so I guess I'm organized. Is it bad not to attend a bridal shower for an old roommate that I talk to once a week at church (and only then because she's nosy and teaches the Sunday school class for engaged couples)? Good. Thanks for letting me off the hook. :)

Hayley tried to call my from Italy on Monday...unfortunately I was in class and didn't get her message until it was nearly midnight her time. Guess I'll wait until the weeked to call her back. I hope she's getting along with the new landlord...apparently the landlord of their old apartment wasn't too excited to have them living there. Translation: they never got their mail. What would some old Italian woman have against a few girls from BYU? Maybe she had a bad experience with some rule-breaking BYU students or missionaries in the past.

Alvaro took nearly 100 photos of Steve and I on Saturday. That was probably the highlight of the weekend. It wasn't as horrible and boring as I thought it was going to be! And some of them actually came out well. Although our favorite is the one where I'm not paying attention and Steve's sticking his tongue out. Very flattering. ;)

Steve's little pre-game Brazilian party sort of flopped. I felt bad...but at least his old roommates showed up. Not sure what happened to the rest of those that were invited and promised to be there. I suppose we'll be eating feijoada for the next few days.

I'm listening to a few of Vanessa Paradis' new songs. I must admit I like the English songs better. Which is odd because I generally listen to French artists for their French lyrics. Celine Dion is certainly better in French, as are most of the French rap artists. I suppose Celine Dion is better in French merely because the corny lines don't translate well; meaning the images in French aren't as strange as their English counterparts.

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

Hope the fog is clearing! Studying for Psychology is way overrated anyways...Glad you got the postcard!