11.20.2007

Making Use of Naptime

Today I find myself rather limited in free time. Katelyn comes today (which is an incredible and wonderful thing) and the house is a "mess". I seem to be able to live in a "spot-cleaned" home, but I don't feel guests should have to. So today I am on a mission to deep clean this place to the best of my ability. Here comes the glitch: I don't want to spend the whole day cleaning! (Don't forget I have a very cranky/upset nearly-one-year old boy who seems to "need" me in his sight at all times.) The solution? Use that 2-3 hour (yes, he actually naps now!) block of time when he doesn't need me and use it wisely. So I will write my little list of things to get done today in columns, one "bad" and one good.

clean oven _____________catch up on Fiskateer messages
clean bathroom floor ______workout
clean bathtub___________ fold laundry
call maintenance_________return library books
homework_____________ pick up Katelyn at the airport
do the dishes___________ read for book group
clean kichen floor________ work on various projects

Obviously those on the left are things I don't want to do and those on the right are things that appeal to me today. For every thing I get done on the left, I allow myself one thing that would take the same amount of time. I'm off to tackle the oven...

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Good luck with your list! I've been busy checking stuff off on mine as well. We're not hosting anyone for Thanksgiving -- or even staying here ourselves -- but I want to leave a clean house to come home to after the holiday.

And now...back to work. :)

Happy Thanksgiving!