11.15.2007

Loud Noises

You would think that not having tv would diminish the weird thoughts that pop into my head when I'm alarmed. Not so. There was a huge car accident just outside our apartment. I heard the collision over the running water in the kitchen (which is quite a feat given that I usually can't hear Christopher crying upstairs when the water is running) and though we were being bombed. Seriously that was my first thought. And then naturally I thought about a car accident. While I'm glad it wasn't a bomb, I feel terrible for those people! One car is completely wrecked and two more are rather smooshed. And it's started snowing...and it's dark. If Steve were home I'd let them sit in our living room while they wait for the police. It would seem no one is hurt, so maybe I won't worry too much. There's something about being a mother that makes you incredibly concerned for complete strangers long after you witness an accident.

No comments: