I realized today that I haven't really written much this summer...too much fun in the sun! (Or in the basement if it's too hot.)
Steve has a couple promising leads on a PhD lab, so we're a bit less nervous about this coming school year. He will be working with worms...or not...I'll let him fill you in. Something about chromatin and worms. He's also writing a book in his down time (on the bus or while waiting for worms to hatch). It's really good and it's hard to wait for the next page to be written! (No pressure, Superman.)
Christopher is finally catching up with kids his age when it comes to teething. He's sprouting them like crazy and will hopefully be feeling better when it's all over with. He's also learning new words nearly every day. Words he likes: cheese, please, Josh, bubble, baby, ball, shoes.
I am keeping busy with nursery and getting into better shape. I can't tell you how many miles I've walked in the last week, but it feels GOOD! Nursery (kids age 2 1/2 to 3) keeps me on my toes. And those kids have the brightest smiles and most clever minds! I've read at least a dozen books this summer...and can't get enough. Being out of school is getting to my mind...I need the nourishment!
Our apartment feels like a home now that we have a basement with carpet and lighting. Christopher enjoys the slide/play structure, we exercise or read, we all dance, do the laundry, and peruse the food storage for dinner ideas. Christopher likes to pick out boxes of pudding and send them down the slide. *Note to self: Take more videos!
We miss our grandmas, grandpas, aunts, and uncles. We really wish we could win the lottery and travel to see you all this summer! (Especially those of you in Oregon.)
Steve has a couple promising leads on a PhD lab, so we're a bit less nervous about this coming school year. He will be working with worms...or not...I'll let him fill you in. Something about chromatin and worms. He's also writing a book in his down time (on the bus or while waiting for worms to hatch). It's really good and it's hard to wait for the next page to be written! (No pressure, Superman.)
Christopher is finally catching up with kids his age when it comes to teething. He's sprouting them like crazy and will hopefully be feeling better when it's all over with. He's also learning new words nearly every day. Words he likes: cheese, please, Josh, bubble, baby, ball, shoes.
I am keeping busy with nursery and getting into better shape. I can't tell you how many miles I've walked in the last week, but it feels GOOD! Nursery (kids age 2 1/2 to 3) keeps me on my toes. And those kids have the brightest smiles and most clever minds! I've read at least a dozen books this summer...and can't get enough. Being out of school is getting to my mind...I need the nourishment!
Our apartment feels like a home now that we have a basement with carpet and lighting. Christopher enjoys the slide/play structure, we exercise or read, we all dance, do the laundry, and peruse the food storage for dinner ideas. Christopher likes to pick out boxes of pudding and send them down the slide. *Note to self: Take more videos!
We miss our grandmas, grandpas, aunts, and uncles. We really wish we could win the lottery and travel to see you all this summer! (Especially those of you in Oregon.)
1 comment:
i wish you could win the lottery too. join us for crabbing in oregon...sigh.
Post a Comment