11.12.2006

Still Waiting...

I was completely convinced Christopher would come yesterday. Well, I hoped he would. :) Friday night I went to water aerobics and worked HARD...I'd been told by multiple women in that class that they had done just that and had their babies the next day. No such luck. I'm still a hippo with a hiccuping baby. (Although I'll still be a hippo with a hiccuping baby until the hippo-ness goes away...) No contractions at all yesterday. (Which is good because we went to Heber for the afternoon to see Steve's Aunt Becca.) I spent most of this morning hoping the contractions I woke up to would lead somewhere...and I'm still hoping that. Very silly of me...they come and go every few hours... Maybe tomorrow we'll find that I've actually made some progress. Last week I was still 1 cm dilated and just over 75% effaced. Which is where I've been for at least 3 weeks. I was hoping not to make it to tomorrow's appointments...I'll be spending the morning in Maternal Fetal being told I'm doing a great job and at the OB being told I'm close to the end...both statements are getting old. Can you tell I'm ready/annoyed at having to wait? I suppose I don't really have a right to be annoyed...he's made it past "full term" and for that I should be grateful. Way to go, Christopher!

No comments: