11.30.2006
He's Here!!!
Christopher James arrived at 3:13pm Tuesday...only 4 days late. Despite that, he's rather tiny. He is 19 inches long and 6 lbs. 5 oz. It took 24 hours of labor (with me breaking down around 17/18 hours and getting that epidural)...however, after the doctor discovered Christopher was facing up, it still only took a few pushes (mostly to turn him over with the aid of some forceps) and roughly 20 minutes to actually deliver our dear little baby. Lucky for us, the doctor on call from Provo OB happened to be the only one comfortable and confident with forceps (he's the KING of safely using forceps). He'd actually flown in from Arizona earlier that day to perform a C-section for another woman who preferred him over the other 5 doctors. I guess it was a blessing in disguise that it took so long to get through the labor portion. I saw two other doctors in that time...one I had met and liked and one I'd never met before. All in all things went rather well. We'll be going home in a couple hours! I'm excited to get out of this room...although it's only 20 degrees or so outside.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congratulations! Pictures!
Yes, pictures. I want to see my nephew. I was the last one in this family to be an uncle, darnit! :-)
Congratulations!!! And yes, I second that motion for pictures.
Congrats! Did you know that if my parents hadn't called me Jonathan then I too would have been a Christopher? Pretty crazy. Wow, Now there's a little Stankey. :)
Post a Comment