10.27.2006

Feeling More Ready

Mom left yesterday morning...all day I worried that the baby would decide to come just because Mom had gone home. He didn't. Thank heavens! We may have collected a few necessary baby items this week (bed, car seat, stroller, etc.)...but I'm just not ready! This week's appointment really didn't give me much of an idea as to how much longer we have...but at least I know these little contractions are getting some work done. I've begun to dilate and the baby is in the correct position...which isn't hard to tell anymore. His "little" head seems to be constantly pressing down. There are times, usually later in the day, that I feel like a penguin...waddling no matter how hard I try not to. We may be physically more prepared to become parents...but I'm not sure how ready I really feel. Guess that's normal. How in the world can one actually be prepared 100%? As long as he doesn't decide to come November 4th (or 3rd) we'll be just fine. I tried to make a deal with the baby that he'll wait until at least the evening of the 4th before beginning his journey. Steve has his GRE subject exam that morning...so it would be ideal if I weren't in the hospital during that time. Cross your fingers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They tell me that people generally discover they're more ready than they initially think they are. Good luck!