4.07.2009

It's Beachy






Over Superman's break we enjoyed a couple days in Winchester Bay: crabbing, walking in the sand (or running as the case may be), kite flying, watching the shucking of oysters, eating clam chowder, and roasting marshmallows on the beach. The weather was "iffy", but it was a great couple of days!
Kiffer REALLY enjoyed the sand and the "shoshen" (ocean). He now talks quite a bit about "dabs" (crabs) and how they are swimming (when we threw them back for being too small) and have eyes (that wiggle!). He was VERY upset about all the "boken" shells. Oregon isn't known for having fabulous undamaged seashells...it's the norm for me to keep the mostly whole shells and not worry too much about the minor damages. Kiffer disagrees.
*Winchester Bay is VERY "beachy"...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

looks like a blast! Eric and I were just talking about how we'd love to take a vaca sometime to the beach and catch our own crabs and stuff. how fun!

btw... is that YOU with DARK brown hair?

Sara said...

Laughing...no. That's my Mom! I'm still relatively blonde (dark). Guess you missed the dark purple/brown phase...I think you were in Korea.

Whitehead Family Fun said...

Looks like you had a good time, hopefully the iffy weather will pass, our snow finally melted :) When are you guys movin, maybe we can plan a get together in Kirtland or something this summer. When Abby is 16 I'm going to teach her karate and let her beat up the boys that come near her.