7.11.2006

On Hold

I think I've been put on hold for at least an hour today...not all at once...but it's enough. The AAA announcements that are played while someone is on hold are not that useful. Neither are the DMV announcements. As you can see, I'm still trying to figure out if I'm allowed to use my "temporary operator's permit" as proper/legal government-issued ID when we fly next week. I'm also making heroic attempts to transfer my Christmas gift-membership from AAA Oregon/Idaho to AAA Utah. Not so easy...at least not as easy as the AAA representative thought it would be. Apparently the forms my father filled out in Oregon in December were sent to Utah in January...at which point I was supposed to receive an official membership card from AAA Utah. However, AAA Utah cannot find me in their system...and my temporary ID number doesn't come up with anything at all...not even something stating the original application was sent from AAA Oregon/Idaho. So, now I wait patiently as the two states talk to each other to find out what went wrong and where...as of this point, I have no real membership and my father's check is not accounted for. (Lost in the mail...they say it's unlikely...) Oh! Also, according to the Orem office, my temporary card should last an entire year...but mine says only through 04/06. Something's fishy...

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hey, thanks for the note on my blog...you're welcome to "snoop" anytime. (After all, I found your blog after browsing around myself!) :) That's cool that we've got those connections...small world, eh? Mr. Daniels wasn't the principal while I attended Grandview Elem (I think he came a year or two after I'd graduated), but my family's big fans of his. And that's neat you know Julie. Maybe you also know Ethan, her husband? He studied French, too. Anyway, glad to "meet" you. :)

Sara said...

I do indeed know Ethan...we had a couple classes together in the last year or so...

Lindsay said...

Cool! Small world. Julie is my cousin, and Ethan, then I guess, is my cousin by marriage. They're both pretty fabulous people. :)

Anonymous said...

I think I used a temporary license for the airport once. If you have a passport, you could always use that...

Sara said...

Unfortunately the only passport I have happens to say "Schwanke"...and I need my new license (real one) in order to get a new one...thus, I'm in a bind. But, good thinking! For a moment there I thought I might have another option!