

Steve with two of the larger crabs...we had at least three that were 8 inches across.Garrett and Grandpa Jerry with a couple of the prize crabs.
Garrett "threatening" Katelyn with more crabs...
We rented a boat, three pots, and three mink carcasses (bait) for three hours in Newport Bay. Due to my pregnant state, I was told it would be better for me to stay on the dock with Mom and Grandma and not risk the potential nausea on the boat. Sad. However, after Grandpa called Dad from the bay and said they had 8 crabs in about an hour that were legal or even bigger, I convinced Dad I absolutely wouldn't puke (I've never been motion sick in my life!) and couldn't possibly miss out on my favorite beach activity, he let me switch places with Grandpa. I enjoyed the time in the boat despite my lack of shellfish license and inability (legally) to help with the pots or even touch the crabs while on the boat. With a total of 16 crabs (in July!!!) we came in a little early and let Mom and Dad have a "spin" around the bay.
No comments:
Post a Comment