2.08.2006

Ups and Downs of Midterms...

First, the "downs"...it is humanly impossible (well, nearly) to take 5 exams in 6 school days and be prepared for them all...not unlike finals...it's difficult to be patient with my husband when he wants to take a break from studying to play video games (mostly because I know I ought to be studying and am being severely tempted to blow things off in my final BYU semester)...lastly, I find midterms more stressful than finals simply because there's no immediate end in sight.

Now for the "ups"...not sure that there are many...this particular set of midterms has taught me a lot, they end tomorrow, and I've had more sleep in the last week than any average week prior to this semester...must be the flu...

ANNOUNCEMENT: My little (read: younger) brother returns from his mission in Sendai, Japan tomorrow afternoon! He'd better call me... Mom has a nasty sinus infection and probably won't be terribly engergized...at least the medication will help her sleep tonight...otherwise the excitement would have her up at 4am. I can't make it to Medford to be there, so I sent some balloons that say " Welcome Home, Elder" on them. Hopefully he'll see this little bit of Mormon culture/commercialism as amusing and not as a cop-out.

No comments: