8.01.2005

My Weekend...and Tiger Updates

Thursday the 28th: I didn’t go to work because I was exhausted. I’m not getting much more than 4 or 5 hours of sleep a night. And it’s been that way for three months straight. I went to my lecture and spent most of the time not paying attention to the visiting professor. Lisa (lives in my old apartment) had broken her wrist Tuesday night and came to class on Vicadin and Loritab. Wow. That was a fun conversation and it made the class go by fairly quickly. I then walked home with Steve to have lunch. And then we both went back to campus for class and he went to the lab to work on steroids or something. I didn’t have my evening class and spent the afternoon doing laundry and hanging out with Jon. At 6pm Steve and I went to Café Rio with his dad. Alvaro had an ELC choir concert and we went after dinner. It was so much fun! They did about 16 songs from Broadway musicals. And they were GOOD! Alvaro and Samantha (from France) had a duet/spotlight at the end. Very good. We then went to The Creamery to get some ice cream. Steve’s dad seems to enjoy chocolate quite a bit. Well, maybe not more than Steve, but it’s still pretty funny to watch a grown man put a TON of chocolate syrup on his Chocolate Devastation ice cream. And then we all decided to try it. Wow. Too much chocolate!
Friday the 29th: No work and no class. Not sure what I did all day. Honestly, I can’t remember. I think I watched Arrested Development, cleaned the apartment, took a long nap, read Harry Potter, and waited for Steve to come home. We walked to the Provo Library to check out The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe again. We had to take it back on Wednesday, but we hadn’t finished it. We then proceeded to finish it less than an hour later. I convinced Steve to watch Ocean’s Twelve with me. It’s better than Ocean’s Eleven and I guess now he understands why it’s so funny.
Saturday the 30th: I went to the lab to help Lisa learn all the veins and endocrine system details she missed while she was in the hospital. I then went home and worked on my blog and generally wasted more time until Steve called and wanted to play. We went to Jon’s to return the first disc of the first season of Arrested Development that I had borrowed. Jon came back with us (he lives less than one minute away) and we watched Intolerable Cruelty. I thought I would hate it, but it was hilarious! Steve can’t stop quoting random lines. It’s been a great source of amusement for several hours. Steve’s dad called on his way back from his hiking trip in Nevada and wanted us to have dinner with him, Steve's uncle and cousin. So, we all went to Chuck-A-Rama for dinner and ate too much. After dinner Steve and I watched Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone with Alvaro. He has a test over the book in one of his classes tomorrow. He had preciously decided he hated the book and couldn’t stand anything Harry Potter related. We convinced him that it wasn’t so bad and that he might like it if he gave it a chance. I think watching the movie helped because now he understands the plot and even borrowed the second movie. Our work there is done.
Monday/Today: I've been to work...cleaned the 2nd and 4th floors of the MARB...so lonely. I went to lab and managed a 10 on the quiz. Bravo! And now I'm home cleaning the jucky lab smell off myself. I plan to actually get around to taking a nap and finishing Harry Potter. Both are absolute must-completes. Hopefully Old Testament will be less confusing that last Thursday. Although, it's always fascinating. FHE tonight...going swimming...seemed like a good warm-weather activity. I need to come up with something fabulous for next week...any ideas?
Tiger Updates: Dad spent yesterday morning "talking" to tigers as they encouraged the tigers to co-operate. How can you convince a huge cranky feline that the smoke, tankers, and sirens aren't a threat? Purr at them! Of course. Why didn't I think of that? Mom's afraid Dad's having too much fun with this fire...I'd agree. Wish I were there!

No comments: