8.10.2005

Finals and Fiestas

This week is Finals Week at BYU. Which means that (during a Spring or Summer term) we have only one Reading Day in prep for two days of finals. I find it a bit silly that we even have a Reading Day during Spring/Summer. Don't they know that most of us will play that day because: a) the weather is too nice, b) we have a life, unlike Fall/Winter, c) we probably have at least one professor who has already given us our final, d) we don't care enough at this point due to nearly 12 months of classes in a row. As for my finals, I took Language Development in class last Thursday and my lab exam Monday morning. My Old Testament exam is take-home and is currently sitting on the coffee table in the living room. I have been to both 3-hour reviews for the lecture exam...which I can take anytime between now and tomorrow at 6pm. Last night I helped Superman get some things ready for his little Portuguese party tonight and then we went to Scott's for Brooke's "going away" party. It was nice to see everyone, but I wasn't feeling that socially motivated. I don't think Steve was either.

I REALLY need to get my cleaning done!!! And make room for Kim...she comes home this Friday!!! And I'm sure there are last minute errands I could run rather than merely waste "precious" study time. And pack...I'm going home for a week this Friday. And then I'll be back in Provo for about 12 hours before I fly to Ohio to visit Steve.

Yesterday was my last day working in the MARB. It was strange to hand over my keys at the end of the shift and walk out knowing I'd be back in the building an hour later for a review session. I may not work in the MARB anymore, but I'm sure I'll have classes in there and I still have church there.

Day 1 of Finals: Not going productively so far. Then again, it's only 9:30am. I plan to head up to the Bookstore around 11am and (hopefully) get some money for my Language Development book. I need to make a stop by the Widstoe around noon to pick up my lab exam. I'll need to drop off some books at the HBLL as well. Studying the first two sections of lecture material is also in order. And I'm sure Steve will call after his Portuguese exam and want to do something. And then Alvaro will call and want to cook things for the party tonight. Guess I ought to eat some breakfast in preparation for the "busy" day. And get dressed. I love procrastination!

No comments: