
Having found a new favorite pet store...we are now enjoying a little animal therapy when the mood strikes. I love the bunnies, Kiffer loves the fish, and Steve makes friends with the birds.
We ALL like the hamsters. Thinking hard about getting one. Is Kiffer too little? Will it be more work than a dog? What if we go out of town?
Any thoughts?
3 comments:
No pets. I'm tellin' ya, anything more complicated than a fish is bad news. By all means, take him to pet stores, take him to the zoo. Just don't get a pet! He will be perfectly happy without a pet. Later, maybe, but I still don't recommend it. I'm just sayin' it's a bad idea right now.
He's how old? 2? hamsters are relatively low maintenance once they're tamed. It takes a bit of patience to take them out and hold them daily (10 seconds/day is enough) until they get used to be held and trained not to pee or bite (tap their nose if they do). Only maintenance is making sure they have food (a bowl will last a week), and changing the cage often enough that it doesn't stink. Fish are great to look at, but you can't pick them up and hold them and pet them. I think it also depends on the kid.
Peter: If the hamster were for Christopher...it'd be a "no". It's for me! :) No baby means a hamster might be okay.
Post a Comment