Today Christopher's little friend, Jack, had an all day play date with us. At one point I REALLY needed a minute to myself and went to use the bathroom...alone. Maybe this was a bad idea? I came downstairs less than 2 minutes later and heard them giggling in the kitchen...I passed a stack of yogurts on the living room floor (Did I leave them on the counter?)...and as I entered the kitchen I couldn't help but scream! They were both standing in front of the open refrigerator, Christopher was holding an egg and dropped it as I screamed, and there were 10 other eggs all smashed and oozing on the floor. I'm sure it was fun for them, but it was not the cleanest of rainy day activities. I will forever remember the look on Christopher's face as he dropped that last egg (they only smashed 11 of the 12) and realized he might be in trouble. Good times!
*Eggs are on sale this week for $1...I bought only one dozen thinking there was no way we'd get through it and need another anytime soon. Clearly, I underestimated the entertainment value in a dozen cheap eggs.
**Note: I cleaned most of it up before realizing I needed a photo...and the boys didn't want to go back in the kitchen after having a brief "time out".
4 comments:
Oh man. Good times...or something. :)
LOL, that is too funny! I bet seeing their faces when you "caught" them was just priceless! And to think, in the years to come, you'll always have "The Egg Story" to tell to all of his friends :)
I didn't read this until i got home-it made me laugh.! dIDN'T REALIZE (OR REMEMBER) 18 MONTH OLD BOYS WERE SOOOO FULL OF PERSONALITY!
I have a nephew that was into this activity for a while, but he's a little older (3 now). Hope you had time to get more eggs! :)
Post a Comment