I've become a person who lives with piles...piles of clean and folded laundry, piles of do lists, piles of photos, piles of stuffed animals, piles of papers, piles of dishes (not really!)...etc. It's more of a love/hate relationship. I pile things so I "know" where things are and I let things pile up that I don't want to deal with. Right now there is a pile of dirty laundry waiting for me to take to the basement, a pile of dirty dishes in the sink (I just did the dishes yesterday and the pile is already HUGE!), a pile of Christmas cards that need addresses/to be sent out, a pile of Christopher's winter clothes on the floor (there's still snow...so going outside to check the mail requires hats and mittens), a pile of projects that need to be photographed, and finally, a pile of finished assignments that have been turned in. I think that last pile is my favorite. LOVE getting something done!
Thursday's To-Do List:
convince Christopher to nap
wash the dishes
do some serious laundry
vacuum the stairs and upstairs rugs
get stamps at the post office
order more prints at Walgreens
read something more mature than "Jungle Colors"
take Christopher for a walk (seriously takes more time to get ready than go on the walk!)
make lasagne with Steve
Thursday's To-Do List:
convince Christopher to nap
wash the dishes
do some serious laundry
vacuum the stairs and upstairs rugs
get stamps at the post office
order more prints at Walgreens
read something more mature than "Jungle Colors"
take Christopher for a walk (seriously takes more time to get ready than go on the walk!)
make lasagne with Steve
3 comments:
I pile too. Right now I'm surrounded by piles of fabric scraps waiting to be sewed together, two piles of library books (one waiting to be read and one waiting to go back), and a pile of baby toys (with a baby lying in the middle of them). I'm proud of myself, though: yesterday I sorted through the pile of old mail and reduced it to practically nothing. Yay!
Nice!
piles seem to be part of life....Rozanne periodically chastises herself for piles.... her children have all been gone about eight years and she still deals with piles. Guess we have to figure out a method for dealing with them after we make them... now I have "e-piles"! aarghhhhh!
Some piles indicate our creativity and engagement(or disengagement )with life!
Post a Comment