12.10.2007

Laundry, but Not Mine

Well, I did get the rest of ours done this morning before Christopher got up. (There are MAJOR benefits to getting up early!)

After church yesterday the Elders asked if they could do some laundry at our house today. Sure! (Apparently their apartment does not have a washer and dryer...only coin operated.) We don't pay extra for water or electricity (or for the washer/dryer) so it's virtually free for everyone to do laundry at our house. Obviously the Elders aren't more than 5 or so years younger than we are, so it's like having two little brothers to take care of (although they're more than capable)! They were so polite and appreciative. (Must have great moms!) Really, it's kind of nice to have something to do for someone else! And I certainly don't mind transferring their stuff to the dryer. So simple! And yet, I can't even tell you how many times they thanked me. It's nice to be appreciated.

3 comments:

Sara said...

I appreciate yoooooouuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!

:D

Missionaries are awesome, aren't they?

Sarah Rice said...

You are soooo sweet for doing that! I remember my college days of lugging things to the laundromat. Ugh!!!! I bet they totally appreciated it. gynee

Leah's Crafty Life said...

that is just so nice of you.. glad they were so nice about it :)