10.25.2007

Randazzo's/Aldi's

This morning we slept in...again! I think it has something to do with the fact that we haven't changed our clocks yet. And I don't really appreciate that. It's weird to see the sun until 8am. Anyway, about 10 minutes after we all showered and Christopher got up, Samantha called and wanted to head to Aldi's and Randazzo's...and wondered if we wanted anything/to go. (Samantha is in our ward/lives close, her son has the same birthday as Christopher, and her husband is also in a PhD. program.) So today we bought German chocolate for Steve, green peppers, yucca, sweet potatoes for Christopher, red potatoes for a roast, baby carrots, pears (can't ever find them here...), apples (10 lbs. to make applesauce), and some green beans. Did I mention I only paid $10 for all that?! You have to love Randazzo's for all their glorious fruits and veggies!

Last night I managed to find some enthusiasm for enrichment activities and went to the sewing group...and now I'm hooked! As soon as I finish this Halloween costume I fully intend to make PJs for Christopher, a really puffy quilt, and a wall hanging of the Nativity. Our craft group is making these adorable turkey headbands for Thanksgiving. (Katelyn, beware, you may be asked to wear one for a photo op!) We're also planning to make this for Christmas...well, at least start on them together and work on them for next year! I can guarantee we are entirely too ambitious.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I've never heard of Randazzo's, but it sounds fabulous. I am, though, an Aldi Addict. That place is great. I miss not being to get cheap groceries like that anymore. Sigh.

Sara said...

Aldi...Rob and I haven't made that adventure yet :) Sounds like you're having a BLAST with your enrichment group!