2.15.2007

The Last Couple Days




1. Valentine's Day: Steve took me to Eliane's French Bakery Tuesday for a treat (une charlotte au citron avec des fraises) and some bread. I saw des madeleines and told him that I really wanted to find the molds to make them myself. So, while I was home with the baby that afternoon, Steve went looking for the molds! (I thought he was in the lab.) He called after about three hours to let me know he was coming home without his prize. I had no idea what he was looking for. After a bit he went out again and found it. He couldn't wait to show me, so I got to open my Valentine's surprise a little early. Yesterday Christopher and I put some Superman valentines all over the doors in the apartment. The best part about the Superman valentines? They come with tattoos! I took some pretty bad photos of Christopher wearing one and posing with the frog I gave Steve. (The frog makes kissing sounds and says "i love you, i love you"...I think Christopher finds it more funny than Steve does.) After the photo session, Steve came home and I made some madeleines. Yum!

2. I won the new Mormon Tabernacle Choir CD from Good Things Utah...it has songs from Broadway...can't wait to pick it up!

3. Luau rehearsals are going well...it's going to be a great last year. Go Hawaii Section!!! Christopher slept all night and didn't wake up until I'd already been home from rehearsal for 40 minutes. Yeah! This just might work out better than I had hoped.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

O.K! That baby looks chubby and happy (even with a tatoo!)

Did you know?! Madeleines are THE next thing ( cupcakes being replaced - according to the Oregonian FooDay)Ask Katelyn -she has the article.

Anne Rawlings from Grave's End England uses them in her trifle recipe-YUM.

But what is that other gorgeous creation ?

Anonymous said...

O.K! That baby looks chubby and happy (even with a tatoo!)

Did you know?! Madeleines are THE next thing ( cupcakes being replaced - according to the Oregonian FooDay)Ask Katelyn -she has the article.

Anne Rawlings from Grave's End England uses them in her trifle recipe-YUM.

But what is that other gorgeous creation ?

Anonymous said...

Oh- I see- that is the Charlotte. Did you know I have a Charlotte pan from Sur La Table- do you want it? Magpie

Anonymous said...

Well,Stephen IS a sweetheart- even Superman has that side...

Thirdmango said...

That's a cool picture of the little dude. Just thought I'd let you know there's some talk a brewin' on some sort of get together ala show off your babies time among freshman ward folkls. I'll let you know when it happens.